Tricyclazole 95% TC
Tricyclazole is a triazolobenzothiazole that is [1,2,4]triazolo[3,4-b][1,3]benzothiazole which is substituted at position 5 by a methyl group. A fungicide used for the control of rice blast, it is not approved for use within the European Union. It has a role as a melanin synthesis inhibitor and an antifungal agrochemical. It is a conjugate base of a 5-methyl[1,2,4]triazolo[3,4-b][1,3]benzothiazol-1-ium.
- Common name: Tricyclazole
- IUPAC name: 5-methyl-1,2,4-triazolo[3,4-b][1,3]benzothiazole
- CAS RN: [41814-78-2]
- Molecular formula: C9H7N3S
- Molecular weight: 189.2
- State: Solid
- Packing: 250kg/ Iron drum (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Systemic fungicide, absorbed rapidly by the roots, with translocation through the plant.
- Application: It has a role as a melanin synthesis inhibitor and an antifungal agrochemical.Control of rice blast (Pyricularia oryzae) in transplanted and direct-seeded rice at 100 g/ha. Can be applied as a flat drench, transplant root soak, or foliar application. One or two applications of one or more of these methods give season-long control of the disease.