Oxadixyl 96% TC
Oxadixyl is a member of the phenylamide family and inhibits protein synthesis in fungi, by interference with the synthesis of ribosomal RNA.
Oxadixyl TC is a systemic fungicide with curative and protective action to control Peronosporales, such as downy mildews, late blights, and rusts, in vines, maize, potatoes, tobacco, hops, sunflowers, citrus, fruit and vegetables, and as a seed dressing on cotton, peas and sunflowers.
Oxadixyl products are also used in several formulation types including FG, WG, and WP.
- Common name: Oxadixyl
- IUPAC name: 2-methoxy-N-(2-oxo-1,3-oxazolidin-3-yl)aceto-2′,6′-xylidide
- CAS No.: 77732-09-3
- Molecular formula: C14H18N2O4
- Molecular weight: 278.3
- State: Solid
- Packing: 25kg (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Systemic fungicide with curative and protective action. Rapidly absorbed by the leaves and roots, with translocation principally acropetally, but also basipetally and by translaminar movement. Exhibits a synergistic effect with contact fungicides. It is assumed that it inhibits protein synthesis in fungi, by interference with the synthesis of ribosomal RNA.
- Application: Oxadixyl is a systemic fungicide with curative and protective action to control downy mildew, damping-off (phytophthora, pythium), seed rot (pythium), and phytophthora pest species in/on alfalfa, barley, beans, beets (garden), broccoli, Brussels sprouts, buckwheat, cabbage, carrot (including tops), cauliflower, celery, clover, collards, corn (field corn, pop corn, sweet corn), cotton, cucumber, eggplant, gourds, grass forage/fodder/hay, kale, kohlrabi, lespedeza, lettuce, lupine, melons (water melons, cantaloupe), millet (proso- broomcorn), mustard, oats, parsley, parsnip, peas, pepper (chili type), pimento, pumpkin, radish, rape, rhubarb, rutabaga, rye, sorghum, soybeans, spinach, squash (summer, winter), sugar beet, sunflower, tomato, trefoil, triticale, turnip, vetch, golf course turf, and residential lawns.Oxadixyl products are also used in several formulation types including FG, WG, WP.