Procymidone 99% TC
Procymidone is a moderately systemic fungicide. It is used in horticulature as a seed-dressing, pre-harvest spray or post-harvest dip for the control of various fungal diseases, such as grey mold, neck rot, brown rot, blossom blight, and twig wilt. It is applied to vegetables including onions, fruits (including peaches, plums, grapes, stone fruit, strawberries, and cherries), and ornamentals.
- Common name: Procymidone
- IUPAC name: 3-(3,5-dichlorophenyl)-1,5-dimethyl-3-azabicyclo[3.1.0]hexane-2,4-dione
- CAS No.: 32809-16-8
- Molecular formula: C13H11Cl2NO2
- Molecular weight: 284.136
- State: Solid
- Packing: 25kg (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Systemic fungicide with protective, curative action
- Application: Procymidone is applied, often repeatedly, on the aerial parts of fruits and vegetables and sometimes until shortly before harvest to avoid fruit- and vegetable-rot during transport and distribution. It is also used on young plants and/or the top layer of soil against soil-borne diseases (Sclerotinia, Botrytis).Products containing procymidone are registered and/or approved in many countries, in Asia, South America, and Europe as well as in Australia and New Zealand. They are mainly used against grey mold (mainly Botrytis cinerea), onion grey mold (Botrytis squamosa), onion neck-rot (Botrytis aclada allii), Sclerotinia spp. And Monilia sp. (brown rot on peaches etc., blossom blight and twig wilt on cherries, etc.).