Mesotrione 98% TC
Mesotrione is a benzoyl cyclohexadione herbicide, which is an effective competitive hydroxyl phenylpyruvate dioxygenase (HPPD) enzyme inhibitor. It is selective to corn crops and has a fast metabolic rate and high tolerance in susceptible crops.
100 grams/liter nitrate sulfonated ketone of grass suspending agent for corn field annual broadleaf weeds and some gramineous weeds such as abutilon, amaranth, and quinoa, smartweed, weed, Digitaria has good control effect. The use method is stem and leaf spray. It is safe for corn at the recommended dose when used once per season.
- Common name: Mesotrione
- IUPAC name: 2-(4-mesyl-2-nitrobenzoyl)cyclohexane-1,3-dione
- CAS No.: 104206-82-8
- Molecular formula: C14H13NO7S
- Molecular weight: 339.3
- State: Solid
- Packing: 25kg (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Uptake is foliar and via the root, with both acropetal and basipetal translocation. Symptoms are whitening of leaves, followed by necrosis of the meristematic tissue.
- Application: Under development for pre- (at 100-225 g/ha) and post- (at 70-150 g/ha) emergence control of broad-leaved weeds, such as Xanthium strumarium, Ambrosia trifida, Abutilon theophrasti, and Chenopodium, Amaranthus and Polygonum spp., and some grass weeds, in maize.