Imazalil 98% TC
Imazalil is a broad-spectrum systemic fungicide. It is also a fruit antiseptic and preservative to prevent fruit rot by soaking fruit in a solution with imazalil. Its mechanism of action is to destroy the cell membrane structure of pathogenic bacteria by affecting the permeability, physiological function, and lipid synthesis and metabolism of pathogenic bacteria, and at the same time inhibit pathogenic spores. It has a good control effect on various fungal diseases, especially Penicillium and green mold that cause fruit rot.
- Common name: Imazalil
- IUPAC name: (RS)-1-(β-allyloxy-2,4-dichlorophenylethyl)imidazole
- CAS No.: 35554-44-0
- Molecular formula: C14H14Cl2N2O
- Molecular weight: 297.2
- State: Solid
- Packing: 25kg (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Systemic fungicide, with protective and curative action.
- Application: Control of a wide range of fungal diseases on fruit, vegetables, and ornamentals, e.g. powdery mildews on cucurbits and ornamentals; powdery mildew on roses; storage diseases (particularly Penicillium Gloeosporium, Phomopsis, Phoma spp., etc.) of citrus fruit, pome fruit, bananas, and seed potatoes.
Also used as a seed dressing, for the control of diseases (particularly Fusarium and Helminthosporium spp.) of cereals. It is particularly active against benzimidazole-resistant strains of plant-pathogenic fungi. Typical use rates are: for seed treatment 4-5 g/100 kg seed; for ornamentals and vegetables 5-30 g/hl; and for post-harvest treatment 2-4 g/t fruit.