Dimethomorph 96% TC
Dimethomorph is a fungicide specifically for oomycetes. Its mechanism is characterized by destroying the formation of cell wall membranes, and it has effects on all stages of the life cycle of oomycetes. It is very sensitive to inhibit the formation of sporangia and oospores, even at very low concentrations (<0.25μg/ml).
When dimethomorph is sprayed on the crops, it can penetrate into the leaf tissue and can conduct locally in the leaves, which can be used to prevent and control various diseases of different crops. These include cucumber downy mildew, grape downy mildew, potato late blight, tomato late blight, tobacco black shank, and so on.
- Common name: Dimethomorph
- IUPAC name: (E,Z)-4-[3-(4-chlorophenyl)-3-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)acryloyl]morpholine
- CAS No.: 110488-70-5
- Molecular formula: C21H22ClNO4
- Molecular weight: 387.9
- State: Solid
- Packing: 25kg (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Local systemic fungicide with good protectant and antisporulant activity. Only the (Z)- isomer is intrinsically active, but, because of the rapid interconversion of isomers in the light, it has no advantage over the (E)- isomer in practice.
- Application: Fungicide is effective against Oomycetes, especially Peronosporaceae and Phytophthora spp. (but not Pythium spp.) in vines, potatoes, tomatoes, and other crops. Used in combination with contact fungicides, and applied at 2.0-2.5 kg formulated product/ha.