Bromoxynil is a nitrile herbicide. Bromoxynil is effective in post-emergent control of broad-leaf weeds in cereal, corn, sorghum, onions, flax, mint, turf, and on non-cropland.
- Common name: Bromoxynil
- IUPAC name: 3,5-dibromo-4-hydroxybenzonitrile; 3,5-dibromo-4-hydroxyphenyl cyanide
- CAS No.: 1689-84-5
- Molecular formula: C7H3Br2NO
- Molecular weight: 276.9
- State: solid.
- Packing: 25kg (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Selective contact herbicide with some systemic activity. Absorbed by the foliage, with limited translocation.
- Application: Post-emergence control of annual broad-leaved weeds, especially young seedlings of the Polygonaceae, Compositae, and certain Boraginaceae, in cereals, ryegrass-seed crops, turf, and non-cropland, at rates up to 450 g octanoate/ha; in maize and sorghum, applied at up to 600 g/ha. Often used in combination with other herbicides, to extend the spectrum of control.