Boscalid 96% TC
Boscalid is an SDHI fungicide active against a broad range of fungal pathogens such as Alternaria blight, botrytis, powdery mildew, purple blotch, rust, leaf spot, target spot, brown spot, white mold, gray mold, stem rot, and sclerotinia.
It is applied to a variety of crops and vegetables including beans, brassicas, onions, garlic, shallots, peas, carrots, turnips; soybeans; fruits including grapes, apples, pears, strawberries; and tree nuts.
Boscalid is also used as a seed treatment. It is often supplied as soluble granules which are mixed with water and applied as a spray.
- Common name: Boscalid
- IUPAC name: 2-chloro-N-(4′-chlorobiphenyl-2-yl)nicotinamide
- CAS No.: 188425-85-6
- Molecular formula:C18H12Cl2N2O
- Molecular weight: 343.2
- State: Solid
- Packing: 25kg (providing additional packing as required)
- Mode of action: Foliar fungicide. Inhibits succinate ubiquinone reductase, (also known as complex II), in the mitochondrial electron transport chain.
- Application: Boscalid is a foliar fungicide to control powdery mildew, Alternaria ATXht981176 spp.ATXht0, Botrytis ATXht981176 spp.ATXht0, Sclerotinia ATXht981176 spp.ATXht0 and Monilia ATXht981176 spp.ATXht0 on a range of fruit and vegetables.The formulated product is a wettable granule (WG) Fungicide normally containing 70% active ingredient, and the wettable granule (WG) containing a mixture of boscalid (25.2% active) and pyraclostrobin (12.8% active).
It is intended for use on beans, berries, bulb vegetables, canola, carrots, fruiting vegetables, grapes, lettuce, peanuts, pistachios, potatoes, stone fruit, strawberries, tree nuts, Brassica vegetables, cucurbit vegetables, mint, edible peas, certain root vegetables, and sunflower.