2,4-Dichloroacetophenone is an important intermediate for pesticides and pharmaceuticals. In the field of pesticides, it is used to synthesize triazole fungicides such as propiconazole. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used to synthesize broad-spectrum antifungal agents such as Fluconazole (Diflucan), Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, and Terbinafine.
It is a colorless to pale yellow liquid with a melting point of 33-34℃ and boiling point of 252℃, density of 1.32g/cm3, flash point>230℃, and decomposition temperature of 370℃. Its solubility in water is 200mg/L, and it is soluble in organic solvents such as benzene, ethanol, and acetone. It is stable under normal temperature and pressure conditions.
- Common name: 2,4-Dichloroacetophenone
- CAS No.: 2234-16-4
- Molecular formula: C8H6Cl2O
- Molecular weight: 189.04
- State: Solid (Melting point 33-34℃)
- Packing: 250 kg/plastic drum
- Application: Mainly used as an intermediate for the fungicide propiconazole.